Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Penguins YAY!!





















I finally got to see penguins and it was all by accident, I had just returned to my room after a long work day and out the window happened to see a group of people standing on the shore...and since the seals had gotten boring I figured there must be some thing more interesting to see. I grabbed on of the mountain bikes we have for use on base and high tailed it down to Hut Point , sure enough there playing ( well some were playing and others were sleeping ) were about a dozen Ade lie Penguins. I was happy to see them and thought I had missed out on the opportunity when the Emperor Penguins were spotted out by the airfield ( could get a shuttle driver to stop for me and when they finally offered sign ups to get driven out to see them , the sheets filled up right away DAMMIT .











Anyway, I'm glad I got to see them and maybe with some luck I'll get to see more before I leave.. the icebreaker came in on Monday and broke up huge path in the sea for the scheduled supply ships to come into.











They have warned us that some of the longshoremen that come in to unload the boats are kinda shady and to be sure to keep your stuff locked up ( things tend to disappear during the offload ). I got some shots of the icebreaker ( OD EN- from Norway , what a shocker of a name for a boat from Norway LOL )that I have yet to take off my camera but I will post soon.






That's it for today, just some dancing penguins.











-B






No comments:

Post a Comment