Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting ready for the Ice.


I just checked the weather at McMurdo and it's a toasty 30 degrees. ( the pic is me at the Hoover Dam, I won't be wearing shorts out while on the ice. )

I just got my travel itinerary and will be flying from Detroit to Chicago to Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand to Christ Church, New Zealand. My plane will be getting into Christ Church early Sunday afternoon and they've put me up in a hotel until Tuesday when I catch the plane to McMurdo Station,I'm trying hard to carefully pack so that I'm not dragging an unnecessarily overfilled suitcase halfway around the world.


Mom bought me a new digital camera for Christmas, so I'll be able to take lots of pictures and hopefully be able to post them on here. Also have been stocking up on warm socks and thermal undies, they supply me with all my work clothes and the extreme cold weather gear.
I'm really looking forward to this adventure and honestly am nervous as well, I've never been out of the country for more than short vacations.
I will be back to Michigan around the end of February / early March and plan on returning to Las Vegas.
Dunno what else to put here for now.. never done one of these before, guess I'll just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment